Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday afternoon...

It's rare for me to have a Sunday afternoon to myself. There's always something going on after church (especially during Football season) or always someone around. So I'm enjoying this nice moment, soaking in the sound of the fountain outside in the courtyard of my apartment building, and feeling my heart palpitate rapidly from the strong cup of coffee I am drinking.. :) I know I need to start in on my packing progress in a little while but for now I just rest~ and it feels good!!

Over the years I've come to realize more and more that I love( and need) time all by self. I enjoy being around people, but if I don't get enough to myself it starts to affect me negatively. I feel so much more rested and can think clearer when I do. So... I know it's going to be challenging these next 6 months. Next weekend I will be moving into my sister's place a few miles away in order to save money. She has three kids, all 8 years old right now (haha) and I will be sharing my niece's room with her. They are great kids but like most are loud and require a lot of attention. It will be harder for me to find places to escape to have that alone time, so I'm sure I'll have to be more creative and spend more time outdoors. I'm hoping it will inspire me to take frequent walks or hikes and to find beautiful nature-filled spots. This will be an interesting new adventure.. but I'm excited to be closer to my family for this time and to see what God brings out of this. I will miss my room and my awesome apartment that I have loved living at for almost a year and a half. But change must come and with it new trials and new blessings..

Ok, back to packing. Sigh...

3 comments:

kmac said...

Hope you got some packing done, and enjoyed your time! :) It is always good to relax and recharge! Glad you are taking some time for yourself!

Patricia said...

enjoy time with your family. once you get married...you're gonna miss it.

kathy said...

So, I find myself wondering what has motivated this decision to move....and why such a definite time line? Hmmm? :)