Monday, November 17, 2008

animal planet

So much for blogging regularly- it's been a month. I realize that I view this a bit as a really pretty journal that you don't write in very much unless you have time to write all nice and neat and have wonderful things to put in it. You don't want to just write anything or thoughts that aren't so flattering right? So that is my dilemma. I know I need to get over it. Sometimes our thoughts are ugly- but does that make them any less worthwhile? Probably not. So here are my thoughts...

I've been in a bit of a bad mood today. It has gotten better over the hours though. There was only one incident that happened today where my gloominess reached out and touched someone. A lady at work gave me some unnecessary attitude earlier and in my mind I pictured attacking her like a fierce lioness in the wilds of Africa. I didn't do that. But I did give some needed attitude back and it felt pretty good. I get tired of being patient with repeat offenders sometimes. Is that so bad? Do I turn the other cheek in silence or can I speak my mind while turning my cheek? I'm not really referring to just that incident. I'm just working on balance and boundaries right now. How far do you go to not hurt someones feelings by pointing out their faults while their actions or words are hurting you? Even when they have good intentions... I have had bad experiences with the whole 'speaking the truth in love' thing. I have been bitten hard and I still let it hold me back to this day. But in order to have the truly beautiful, fulfilling relationships that the Lord calls us to have I must press on and get back on the bike. I may fall many times over but hopefully the ride will get easier. Sigh.

I'm sure there's more but I'll end here...

1 comment:

Patricia said...

ahhh....im not the right person to ask that...coz my mouth sometimes seems to have a mind of its own... ;) haha

speaking the truth in love and holding proper boundaries and making sure that the motive is right before saying anything is a hard thing to do.

funny thing...i was just having a pleasant conversation with God about it this morning. :)

and He just gave me this scripture...do to others if you want them to do it unto you. BLAH! LOL!

so i guess that can help gauge how we should say things or what we say to others...

knowing myself...i most often fall in that area...and i do speak my mind in the most ungracful way ;) thank GOd for His patience & love to work with such a stubborn daughter :)